Monday, November 21, 2005

On a more serious note

Looks like Bush and Co. may be upping their surveillance of journalists and others who have been criticial of the administration. And the "free world" isn't as free as it used to be. Does that make you feel safer? (Hey, don't blame me, I didn't vote for him!)

I've said this many times, and I'm going to keep saying it: dissent is an essential part of the democratic process. Criticism of the president, his administration, or his policies does not equal treason. Spying on Americans simply because they've criticized Bush is a betrayal of what this country stands for.

Oh, and my November column is up at Austinmama.com: Lines of Separation.

1 Comments:

At 9:35 AM, Blogger Adam said...

Feel that minor oscillation in the Earth's rotation? That's Thomas Paine SPINNING IN HIS FUCKING GRAVE.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home