Thursday, October 06, 2005

Falling leaves. . .

Yeah, there are finally a few leaves falling, although what passes for "fall color" in Austin leaves a lot to be desired. But the sidewalks are strewn with acorns and pecans, and today the high is 76, so it must be fall! (After several late September days well over 100, I'll take whatever I can get.)

I've been engaging in a frenzy of fall cleaning, converting the back half of our living room, which we've always used as a playroom, into a dining room. We've already moved the table in there, and for the past few days I've been sorting and organizing toys (and culling the outgrown/worn out ones) and putting most of them in the kids' rooms (barring a few baby toys, puzzles and games that are mostly used downstairs). It almost looks like an adult space now!

For the weekend: start organizing the bookshelves in the dining/living room, and dig a bed in the front yard by the mailbox (I've given up trying to grow herbs in our shady backyard - the strip between the street and the sidewalk is the sunniest place on our lot).

In other news, yesterday I got a frantic phone call from my brother (in New York) - "Quick, who was one of the sisters on Little House on the Prairie?" I named them all, and corrected him when he said "Laura Ingall." Then he wanted to know what some of the shows on TV Land are - thank God for the internet. . .

Turns out, he was about to go on some kind of game show that plays on TV Land - something about classic tv trivia? I haven't heard how he did, but given his inability to remember the names of any of the Ingalls sisters (despite the fact that we watched it every week all through the 70's) I'm not banking on him doing well. On the other hand, if they asked lots of questions about The Dukes of Hazzard and CHIPS, he's probably rolling in the dough. . .

1 Comments:

At 12:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home