Sunday, October 30, 2005

Busy Weekend

It's been a busy weekend - Fran had a soccer game bright -n- early yesterday morning, and Will and Merideth and their kids came over in the afternoon. and we made pizza and caramel apples. Today my mom took me and the big kids to see Wallace and Grommit and the Curse of the Wererabbit (which was hysterical) and we carved our jack o'lantern and roasted pumpkin seeds (mmmmm) and now I'm getting ready to go to a wedding.

I think it says something about my social life that I had two sartorial choices for this affair, and they were both dresses that I'd originally purchased to wear to funerals. . .I remember my mom having all these glamorous (or so they seemed to me at the time) clothes and my parents going out almost every weekend. Partially that was because most of their friends hadn't had kids yet, and partially it was because my dad was career military and felt compelled to make an appearance at all the official functions. And possibly the cheap drop-in base childcare had something to do with it as well, although I remember falling asleep on piles of coats in back badrooms at many unofficial parties. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home