Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Meme thing

Adam tagged me for this meme a million years ago. Since I'm trying to sit down and not do too much, I thought I'd finally post it here. . .

1. Where I was ten years ago:
Starting my third year of graduate school. My marriage was rocky and we were both drinking way too much. I'd had a miscarriage the previous spring, and a close friend from grad school had been killed in a car accident 2 months later. It was a rough time.

2. Where I was five years ago:
At home with a 3 year old and an almost 9 month old. Franny was crawling and pulling up and Drew was in preschool 2 mornings a week. I was starting to feel like I was getting the hang of the stay at home thing, although Adam was still working the evening shift, which made life hard (doing bedtime for an infant and a toddler by yourself is not fun!)

3. Where I was one year ago:
Working from home, with a 7 year old, a 4 year old, and a one year old. Drew was in second grade, Fran was in preschool 4 mornings a week, and Alec was going 2 mornings a week. Writing a monthly column for Austinmama.com. I was beginning to think about going back to work full time when Fran started kindergarten.

4. Where I was yesterday:
At home and at the surgeon's office, getting good news about my thyroid biopsy

5. Where I am today:
Home with Adam and Alec, still recuperating from surgery.

6. Where I will be tomorrow:
Ditto

7. Five snacks I enjoy:
1. Almond M&M's
2. Baguette and brie
3. Tzatziki and fresh pita bread
4. Queso and tortilla chips (with a margarita!)
5. Snickerdoodles

8. Five singers (or bands) for whom I know the lyrics to most of their songs:
1. Nanci Griffith
2. Lyle Lovett
3. Maura O'Connell
4. Jimmy Buffett
5. The Beatles

9. Five things I would do with $100,000,000:
1. Pay off all my debts (and all my family and friends' debts too)
2. Sell my 1970's tract house and buy an Arts and Crafts style bungalow in Hyde Park
3. Buy a big sailboat
4. Travel all the time
5. Have all my clothes custom made

10. Five locations I would like to run away to:
1. the Caribbean
2. The Florida Gulf Coast
3. London
4. Paris
5. Wales

11. Five bad habits I have:
1. Procrastinating
2. Eating for comfort
3. Not keeping track of expenses
4. Biting my cuticles
5. Speeding

12. Five things I like doing:
1. Reading
2. Writing
3. Cooking
4. Eating
5. Gabbing with my friends


13. Five TV shows I like:
1. Lost
2. Survivor
3. Buffy
4. Firefly
5. thirtysomething

14. Five famous people I'd like to meet have dinner with (if I'm going to meet someone famous, I'd like to have the chance to actually talk to the person!):
1. Harlan Ellison
2. Molly Ivins
3. Neil Gaiman
4. Johnny Depp (what can I say, I'm shallow)
5. Liz Carpenter
(Oddly enough, I've actually met everyone on this list except Depp - I just didn't have a chance to really talk to them.)

15. My biggest joys:
1. Seeing my kids turn into people
2. Spending time with Adam
3. Writing something I'm really proud of
4. Getting lost in a good book
5. Being in the water

16. My favorite toys:
1. My laptop
2. My ipod
3. My kitchenaide mixer
4. The internet (does this count?)
5. Waterskis

2 Comments:

At 1:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog! I also have a site about water skiing training
. You can check it out at water skiing training
.

Also, as a special bonus, I want to tell you about a great site that is giving away a FREE Sony DVD Handycam. Just click the link below and enter your Zipcode to qualify.

FREE Sony DVD Handycam

 
At 7:35 AM, Anonymous combo water ski said...

Melissa, I was searching the web for water ski canada and came across Meme thing (this post). It wasn't exactly what i was looking for but nonetheless, it is quite interesting.

I also have a cool site about water ski canada, and you can check it out here: water ski canada.

Oh, almost forgot. I found a cool site that is giving away a FREE Sony DVD Handycam. Perhaps you or your other visitors may be interested. Just click the link below and enter your Zipcode to see if the promotion is available in your area.

FREE Sony DVD Handycam

Im going to bookmark this blog and hope to see more great posts like this one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home