Saturday, April 02, 2005

The Junior Geek Brigade

After having his head buried in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone for a couple of days, Drew finished it late on Tuesday night (after getting a dispensation from me and Adam to stay up late - we know what it's like to be almost done with a book). Instead of going to bed, he appeared at the bottom of the stairs, handed the book to me and said, "Can I have book 2?" I promised he could have it first thing in the morning. . .

So he's about half way through Chamber of Secrets now, and yesterday he announced that the Weasely twins are his favorite characters. He and Fran also spent much of yesterday afternoon making "kick me" signs and taping them on to everyone. Probably not unrelated, huh?

Also, Fran watched the animated Hobbit and wants me to read it to her (we agreed on a little bit each night). I'm kind of hoping I can get Drew to put down his book long enough to listen too. Years ago, we used to read a chapter of a book aloud as a family each night, and I really loved that time. Then when Fran got to be a toddler, she wouldn't sit still for chapter books the way Drew had, and it kind of fell by the wayside. I'd like to reintroduce that tradition. . .

1 Comments:

At 7:31 PM, Blogger Gord said...

Nice to see you're posting again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home