Tuesday, December 09, 2003

Friday Five

Rob's topic:
Which five 'toys' at any time of your life have meant the most to you and why?

(I stupidly posted this in draft form on Friday, and didn't realize it - sorry for the delay)

Here's the thing, I really don't remember playing with toys that much as a kid. I learned to read when I was 3 and I pretty much read all the time from that point on. I remember playing with toys, but none of them have stuck with me as particularly special.

1. My computer. A world of information at my fingertips. Sullied only by the fact that I have to share it with Adam and the kids. Merideth has a new laptop and I'm green with envy at her luck. The thought of setting everything up to suit my tastes and mine alone is rivaled only by the idea of wireless internet access and surfing the 'net from the local coffee shops.

2. My dvd player. I'm not big on electronic equipment. I want something that allows me to enjoy the content, but I'm unlikely to notice differences in picture or sound quality. What I love about dvds are all the extra goodies you get.

3. The cd player in my car. Similar reasoning - we have a cd player in the house, so having one in the car means I can listen to my newer music there now.

4. Um, the light bright I got when I was 8? I remember it was a very cool toy.

5. My toy record player from when I was maybe 3. It was one of the old fashioned ones with the thick plastic records. I think I drove my parents crazy with it, playing the same songs over and over again.

All the other players are listed in the sidebar,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home