Tuesday, November 25, 2003

The Holiday Ramp Up

This is the part where I admit that, for me, the holiday season begins on August 2 with my birthday, followed by: Alec's birthday, Adam's birthday, my mom's birthday, and Halloween. So, as far as I'm concerned, we're already deep into the holiday season (which is not a justification for the Christmas decorations that have been up since well before Halloween.)

Anyway, tomorrow I'll begin my baking frenzy. I'm going to my mom's house, where I'll make 2 pans of cornbread (it has to be made the day before, because you have to have stale cornbread for the stuffing), and pecan and pumpkin pies. On Thursday, I'll go over early to help my mom make the stuffing. While the turkey cooks in the roaster, we'll make candied sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, hot rolls, corn pudding, and (just to piss my brother off, because he loathes it) ambrosia.

And after that it's officially Christmas baking time - fudge and divinity and sugar cookies are the necessities, and I'm planning on doing several batches of almond shortbread as well.

All of which should pretty much cancel out my recent weight loss, but hey, you only live once, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home