Friday, October 17, 2003

Friday Five

Gina asks:
I don't have children myself, but I love to hear the knee-slappers that my godson, his siblings, and my nieces come out with. Or, for that matter, the "logic" espoused by the adults around them when speaking to them.

To whit, what are the most amusing things you've ever heard in a household with children?


1. Drew: "It's against the law to eat people. Even in Paris, France you can't eat people."
2. My mom to my brother: "Stop sucking on the cat's ears."
3. Me to my kids: "Please do not smear caramel on the dog."
4. Drew: "How do a mommy alien and a daddy alien make a baby alien?"
5. Drew to Adam: "Can I feel your baby move, Daddy?"

Honorable mention, more cute and sweet than amusing - Franny, "Moths are just little bedtime butterflies."
Honorable mention 2, not one bit amusing, in fact horrifying, but an example of the bizarre things adults say to kids - Unknown mom on the street to her misbehaving kid: "If you don't start behaving, I'm going to make you read when you get home!"

Also playing: Adam, Merideth, Will, Chris, Dave, Colleen, Craig, Gord, Adrienne, Nanette, Marvin, and Rob.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home