Tuesday, September 02, 2003

Minor Victories

Adam went back to work yesterday, so my "maternity leave" (such as it is, when you work from home) is pretty much over (although my part time church job won't start back until October). Today I drove Drew to school, drove Franny to school, picked Franny up, picked Drew up, and took them both to swim lessons. I made all drop offs and pick ups in a timely manner, and managed to keep Alec fed and relatively satisfied. Huzzah! Of course, I got absolutely nothing else done, and I'm exhausted, but it's a start.

Despite being worn out, it feels good to be back in my normal routine again. As the old saying goes, a change is as good as a rest, and after a summer of sitting around the house pregnant or recovering from delivery, any change is welcome. I think Drew and Franny are glad to be back on a more structured schedule as well - they both were more cooperative today than they've been in weeks. Alec did surprisingly well, despite spending the majority of the day in either the car seat or the sling, and eating several meals in new and interesting settings (one in the car, and one at the YMCA while the big kids were swimming).

And don't tell anyone, but this morning, it was almost cool. Not even the beginning of Fall, but maybe the promise that there's an end to the Summer heat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home