Saturday, July 19, 2003

Johnny Depp in Eye Liner-It Don't Get No Better Than That

I saw Pirates of the Caribbean last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. To be perfectly honest, I'd have gone to see it even if it was abysmal, because I'd watch Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom take turns reciting the phone book, but I was pleasantly surprised at how good the movie actually is. It's well written (if a trifle long), good performances all around, and the fights are beautifully choreographed (and filmed - fights and dance sequences are all too often shot in a way that makes the action unintelligible). It's been too long since we've had a good swashbuckling movie, and PoTC fits the bill in every particular. Good news - I hear that Disney has already started production on a sequel and a third movie is planned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home