Wednesday, July 16, 2003

Baby Update

We're, at the most, 3 1/2 weeks away from B-Day. My c-section is scheduled for August 11th, but according to the doctor I've already started dilating, and in her words, "if there's anything you need to get done before this baby comes, I'd go do it." Of course, you can start dilating and not go into labor for weeks, but it took me by surprise, since I didn't start dilating until about 38 or 39 weeks in my previous pregnancies (I'm currently 35 weeks), and didn't go into labor until my due date. If nothing else, this shook me up a bit and made it all seem real. We've been coasting along, thinking we had all the time in the world to get ready for this baby, and there's still lots that needs to be done, even if he doesn't get here until the 11th. For example, it might be a good idea to send in our pre-registration form to the hospital and wash some baby clothes. . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home