Thursday, July 03, 2003

Ann Coulter's Blatant Disregard for the Truth

Great column in Spinsanity dissecting Ann Coulter's new book Treason and detailing her many misleading or misattributed quotes, distortions, and outright lies. If I agreed with anything Coulter said, I'd find her "scholarship" downright embarrassing. Is it just me or is the Republican party's new mantra, "the end justifies the means"?

The Spinsanity link is courtesy of Andrew Sullivan's The Daily Dish. Sullivan (a somewhat unorthodox Republican) agrees with me about Coulter being embarrassing - "Part of me likes Coulter's iconoclasm, panache, smarts. But you still have to draw the line somewhere; and, in my view, she damages conservatism as much as Michael Moore damages liberalism. It's one thing in spirited debates to lose civility at times; it's another thing to make a lack of civility your fundamental modus operandi." But notice how he completely fails to address her fraudulent scholarship, instead focusing on her "lack of civility."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home