Friday, May 23, 2003

I've noticed that I tend to write more about the hard times with my kids than the good stuff, so I want to make sure and brag on Drew (or Andrew, as he's decided to call himself at school). He was honored at the Character Ed assembly this week for determination - he got a medal and everything. He didn't know about it until that day, and the grin on his face could have lit up the entire city. Later, in an surprising burst of self-awareness, he told me in the car, "You know, you can be too determined."

It's hard to believe that school is almost out (Franny's last day was last week, and Drew will go 3 days next week). Of course, our brief Austin spring is long over - the bluebonnets have been replaced by yellow orange mexican hats and black eyed susans, and even those are mostly gone - only the tall brown cones from the centers of the mexican hats remain. The green spring grass has grown tall and brown in the medians, and we've already had a few days of over 100 degree temperatures.

I'm looking forward to the summer, despite the heat (although if I have to hear one more person say, "oh, you're going to be pregnant all through the long hot summer!" I won't be responsible for my actions). It will be nice to live at a slower pace for a while. We're all tired of rushing around in the morning, and I think Drew's ready for a break from school. We'll be spending lots of time in the water - swimming at Barton Springs or in my mom and dad's pool, and going out on the boat with my parents. And of course, I'll be in the home stretch of my pregnancy. I'm excited to meet this little boy and find out what he's like. Only about 2 1/2 months to go. . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home