Monday, March 31, 2003

For obvious reasons, baby names are a hot topic of conversation around my house right now. Actually, I'm kind of interested in names anyway - I read all the baby name books on the market, even when I'm not pregnant. The funniest thing I've read in a very long time is this bad baby names site - Baby's Named a Bad, Bad Thing. It's recently updated with all new, very scary names, some of which verge on child abuse.

And can I just take this moment to complain bitterly about the piss poor selection of boys' names? There are umpteen jillion great girls' names, and approximately 10 for boys, most of which either Adam or I object to for some arcane reason (i.e. that's the name of the guy who ate glue in my first grade class, that's my old boyfriend, it sounds like a dog's name, it's too trendy, there's no good nickname). Most of the rest sound very strange with our last name. It almost makes you understand why people resort to names like Mason or Chance. It definitely makes you understand why the same names have been appearing in the top 10 boy's names list for the past 50 years or so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home